Monday, September 26, 2011

Gata's Time is Approaching ...

It is going to happen. I have made the appointments for Gata.

Wednesday morning I will take her in relatively early (7:30) for a fasting blood test. Then I will take her out for some work and work her hard enough to cause a collapse. I will videotape and monitor her temp, mentation, and other vitals. After she recovers, I will take her back for another blood test.

Friday morning I will take her in for Cardiac Imaging. If her heart and lungs look normal we will do a complete blood chemistry and another Ehrlichia titer. While she is sedated, the vet will listen to her heart for an extended period of time to see he if can detect any arrhythmia.

If all of that comes up normal, we will submit blood samples to the U. of MN to test for EIC (Exercise-Induced Collapse) and/or BCC (Border Collie Collapse).

I am already nervous.

2 comments:

  1. We'll be doing a full cardiology work up next week. I don't know if they use Holter monitors in dogs? I'll ask about it. It could be especially useful since there are some arrhythmias that are hard to detect at rest. It's a good idea - will definitely follow up on it.

    ReplyDelete