Saturday, July 28, 2012

Back to Basics ...

I've had the call with Drs. Gillette and Barrett. I'll post a more detailed write up on that later. Until I get a little more information from them on exactly what they want in a diet for a performance dog I'm making a few modifications on my own. Once I get that information, I'll have a special diet made up for my dogs and the final transition will be completed. For now, I am working on adding more fat and more carbs to their diet and continuing on with our normal conditioning program.

And since I want to be able to report back to them in a few weeks on Gata's progress, I am going to start tracking it again, with a few additional bits of information.

Program: Walk to park, 1 set of 6
Total time: 15 minutes
Status: Completed all 6 at a run; Tired, both dogs laid down following completion, but no signs of collapse or drunken sailor walking; no lagging or any other symptoms on the walk home.

Recovery drink: Revive (200 mls each) + 1 sq. Pemmikan + 1 T Corn Oil + 1/3# meat mix + 1/3 cup Oatmeal given within 30 minutes of end of exercise

Slept in a little and got a little bit of a late start; temp already in the mid 70s, humidity moderate to high, so decided to take it a little easy and just stretch 1 set to see what we could get. Plus, it's Saturday and though we will miss club to get a cystocentesis on Gata, we might still do other things :-)  Tor had a little bit of the runs this morning, probably from the sedation yesterday for his OFAs. So, all in all, I think 1 set of 6 was pretty good.

Dogs looked good.


No comments:

Post a Comment