Saturday, July 21, 2012

Birthdays!

Both dogs have had birthdays since my last regular post, so I'll write about both of them together.

Gata turned 5!  How is that even possible??  I still remember the night she was born, the day she climbed into my lap and fell asleep in my arms, the day Denise told me that she was my puppy :-)  

So how has Gata changed in the last 5 years? Well, she is certainly bigger  ...  Yeah, I know, bad joke. But, seriously she is a big and powerful female. We were pretty sure that she would be, or at least bigger than some of the puppies in her litter. She is just about exactly 24-inches tall and weighs around 55-pounds. She is a glorious mahogany red color. I like the charbonnage but it hides some of her redness, which I liked better. But she is a beautiful dog. Trying to describe her temperament is most assuredly an exercise in futility. Words can't begin to describe her. She is absolutely the center of my world. 

Tor turned 2!  He is growing up and finally looks almost grown up :-)  He is certainly an impressive looking dog. He is also tall - right around 26-inches and weighed 71-pounds the last time I weighed him. I expect that his weight will fluctuate a bit for awhile as he puts on more muscle, but hope that he doesn't go beyond 73-pounds or so ...  He is still almost a pure red. I see the beginning of charbonnage on his shoulders but not much yet. And, he is definitely a Terv :-)  He doesn't have a lot of coat, but enough to be Terv anywhere except in the U.S.

Temperamentally, he's still got a little growing up to do. But he is a really cool dog. His drives continue to be incredible and biddability also remains excellent. It's a good thing he is so biddable, 'cuz he would be LOTS of trouble if he wasn't. He's learned so much and come so far on so many things that it's actually hard to summarize here. But he is a freakishly delightful dog, not always friendly, but delightful none the less. He is a complete goofball :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment