Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another of Gata's Eccentricities

There is no way to write this blog and be objective about the dogs or my feelings for them.  So, I'm going to say it in public ... Gata makes my heart smile :-)  I can't help it, all I have to do is look at her and she makes me smile.  All of my dogs have been very special, and each one a little more in some way than the last.  But, Gata ... I don't know.  I just didn't know that I could love a dog (or anything) so much :-)

OK, but Gata does have some weird characteristics, too.  Though weird usually just means that they make me laugh.  Anyway, she has developed a new obsession.  She has taken to fixating her attention on the tube of Burt's Bees lip balm in my bathroom.  She stares at it while I am getting ready for work, but only in the morning ...  I find this vastly amusing and somewhat confusing.  My response has been to allow her to smell it when I put it on.  Truthfully, I think she wants to kill it.  She settles for sniffing it and I usually dab just a little of it on the tip of her nose :-)   Her eyes get huge and she sticks out her tongue very slowly to taste it.  It makes me laugh even typing it up :-)  She has done this for about a week now.  She's a funny dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment