Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day Off

Do dogs ever really appreciate a day off?  I think sometimes Gata does if it involves hanging around at home and lots of time petting or massaging or grooming her.  But today, they are both just major pains in the butt!

Gata's left carpal pad is pretty torn up so didn't want to work her and make it worse.  So, I decided to give them both the day off.  Now, they are both here subjecting me to a cacophany of barks, squeaks, whines in the hopes that I will serve them dinner.  They have done absolutely nothing to earn their dinner but both are apparently quite hungry ;-)

We went and watched Franziska trial her German Shepherd, Rudi, for their OB1 today.  They had a nice performance and got their title.  Then we stuck around and watched the BH dog and handler teams.  Made me think of Gata's BH, which was certainly an adventure that I won't soon forget!  Hopefully, Tor's BH will be less dramatic than Gata's was :-)

Plan to rearrange the car and put a bigger crate in it for Tor tomorrow.  Will probably go watch more of the trial as well.  Gata will definitely have tomorrow off again.  I'll have to work Tor on his own, though Gata won't be happy about it ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment