Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ho Hum ...

Not that much to write about tonight but am trying to develop a routine so will write anyway ;-)  The dogs are both doing well.  Each progressing toward their own goals.  Both coping with the change in routine quite well.  For Gata, it is a little like going back in time to when she was a puppy and went with me to work every day.  For Tor, it is a bigger change.  But he seems to be handling it just fine.  Both are a little more demanding at home in the evening but I guess that's not too surprising.

Tor is starting a little bit of heeling finally.  He's pretty funny to work with because he really does stalk me most of the time.  I have to move very smoothly with him or he goes into "freeze and stare" mode ;-)   His focus and intensity is great, but the stalking is pretty new for me.  Hopefully, we'll continue to make progress.  His "Out" gets better every day.

Gata is just a hoot.  She seems to be really enjoying the old routine.  She is happy to get in the car and go to work every day.  She comes out happy to work and is on "High" pretty much the whole time.  The only thing that she doesn't like is when I take Tor out of the car first for exercise after work.  She's used to going first in all things ;-)   She's got a little bit of the "Princess Complex" going on.  Truthfully, the way I've spoiled her, she has every reason to have a "Princess Complex"!

She was very happy today.  I couldn't sleep very well last night.  She always knows when I am restless and usually gets up on the bed.  She knows that she'll probably get a nice massage during the wee hours of the morning when I don't really want to get up but can't sleep either.  She got about 45 minutes of massage today before I finally got up :-)

We're taking pasta and homemade bread to the Schutzhund club tomorrow night.  This will sound sort of pathetic, but I'm throwing myself a birthday party and nobody knows it :-)   I'm not taking any birthday cake, though.  That would just be too obvious.  Besides, I prefer cherry pie ;-)   I may have to bake one of those over the weekend to celebrate.

I can't believe that I will be 48 on Sunday.  It seems so old.  Sometimes when I look in the mirror I hardly recognize myself.  I wonder who that middle-aged fat lady is.  I don't feel that old.  Where did all that time go???

No comments:

Post a Comment