Saturday, August 4, 2012

Feeling Better??

OK, I don't know anything for sure yet, but I am inclined to think that both dogs are showing evidence of more energy, faster recoveries, and I'm pretty sure that Tor's coat is showing more gloss.  Plus, when we went out training last night our helper said that he thought Gata was stronger.

It's hard to draw any real conclusions. I am able to condition her this summer, which I wasn't able to do last summer. It's been hot, but not nearly as hot, and not for days on end. By the time we moved out to Poolesville, she had lost quite a bit of conditioning. And between her collapses, the weather, and my lungs, it was pretty much the holidays before she started getting any sort of consistent work. Then we were doing the biking and all of that, until she wiped me out.

But, I certainly feels like they are stronger. I definitely notice that they really want to work at night when I get home. Previously, if I gave them a solid work out in the morning before work, they would be pretty relaxed when I got home in the evening. But that's definitely not the case now. And I think Tor's coat has more shine to it as well. It's harder to tell with Gata - she's always had plenty of shine and she is getting more charbonne with age.

Jay is supposed to get back to me on Monday with their desired nutrition numbers. Hopefully, he will. In the meantime, I printed out bunches of stuff to read and got a new book from Amazon today. Everything is about conditioning and nutrition for the performance canine. So, I guess I have plenty to keep me busy :-)   Hopefully, in a few more weeks, I'll be able to say without any uncertainty that the dogs are stronger and fitter and that there have been no more collapses or evidence of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment