Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Week 3, Day 4

I decided to work the dogs separately today. Gata seemed totally wiped out yesterday and early this morning. And, I think she has been a touch stiff over the last few days, more noticeably yesterday. So, I just gave her a nice long walk this morning. It was sprinkling a little when we got up. But by the time I took the dogs out for their fun, it was just plain old miserably humid. The temp was in the high 60s, but humidity was just shy of rain.

Since I had Tor by himself, poor boy, I decided to test his endurance a little bit more than usual, but consistent with our regular program and our goals.


Program: Walk to park, 1x6, Break then Obedience, 1x4, Break, 1x5 then Obedience
Total time: 48 minutes, though some of that was spent on loose leash walking reminders on the way to the park.
Status: Didn't use an ice vest on him today. I probably should have. It was raining lightly when we started out, but stopped on the way to the park and just seemed to get hotter and more humid as we went. It was kind of funny to watch his reaction to working by himself. On 1 throw of each set, he did a run by past me on the return and checked out the park to see if Gata was joining him from somewhere. At the end of the work out he was TIRED! He seemed fine, though tired, on the way home and seemed to finish recovering well once there. Gave him a nice recovery drink, with an egg in it and he is resting up to get me later :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment