Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Week 4, Day 5

So, I wasn't exactly sure what to do with the dogs this morning. Since I don't know what time the guys did the yardwork yesterday I didn't really want the dogs on it in the early morning dew. Maybe tomorrow, but not today. I normally don't work Gata at all the day after a collapse. But since I was taking them both to the park, I decided to try a little bit of work to see how she handled it.

The temp was about 65-degrees, nice and cool, not overly humid. In addition, I put the ice vests on both of them.

I did a couple of short interval sets - 2 sets of 3 throws, each set followed by a break (about 5 minutes) to check out the park, go to the bathroom, etc. After the 2nd set and break, I did a short session of obedience with each of them, Gata first. Obedience lasted about 5 minutes each. I then did 1 more set of 3 throws. Gata handled it fine, but I sensed that she'd had enough at that point and finished for the morning. 

The morning session lasted 36 minutes.

Once I got them back home, I gave them both a recovery meal. Then I finished up a couple chores and got ready for work. Before leaving I gave them both breakfast - raw for Tor, a roller ball with Royal Canin for Gata. She wanted Tor's food! Hmm, I hadn't counted on that potential complication. Hopefully, she'll start to like the Royal Canin more ...  

Crazy dogs :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment