Sunday, August 19, 2012

Week 4, Day 2 - Exercise & More on Nutrition


Program: Walk to park, 3x5, Straight sets; Short throws for Gata on set 3
Total time: 38 minutes,
Status: Both dogs did well. I made sure that they both drank between sets. Walk home was easy but both dogs were clearly tired. I have to figure out a better way to get water to them between sets. It clearly helps them to both cool down and continue working. But I don't want to give too much. Will work on that.

Checked stools today. Both dogs have been stable on 3T corn oil + 1T salmon oil for about 1.5 weeks. The stools are well formed but a little soft. I may try to reduce the amount of corn oil to 2T and see how that goes.

I also listened to a Jean Dodds webinar today. It was quite interesting though probably too broad brush and on too many topics to be particularly helpful. Still, it was interesting that she is very anti-corn oil (and corn, in general) and pro coconut or borage (??) oil. Particularly ironic given that I have made the decision to try to transition Gata to the Royal Canin product.

I'll have to think about this. Of course, I just bought 2.5 gallons of corn oil at Costco yesterday!

Forgot to mention - I have added 400 IU of Vitamin E to their evening meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment